How to Trade at TCG
The point of the game is to try and collect as many sets of 10 cards as you can by trading with other members. Once you've collected all ten cards, email our Card Keeper, Annica, for the corresponding mastercard.
Your TCG site should have the following pages:
- Won't Trade/Collecting: all the cards you are currently collecting should be displayed on this page.
- Want to Trade: all the cards you have available for trading with other members should be displayed on this page.
- Completed: all the sets you have completed should be displayed on this page. Some members only display one of each set because they have so many. Additionally, mastercards can be displayed on this page or on a seperate page.
- Tradelog: you should keep a log of your trades with other TCG members.
- About Me: so that other TCG members know a little about you when making gifts and card sets for you.
You must trade with members at least once a month to remain active, otherwise you will be put on a break.
If you find you are busy and don't have time to trade, you may take an official break from the game (not longer than 6 months). Please let us know if you would like to take a break.
If we see you are not active in the game for more than 6 months and you didn't inform us about going on a break we will contact you. If we don't hear back from you within a month your membership will be deleted as we have to assume that you aren't interested in the game anymore.
You may create one main card set per year (using your four letter identifier) and 2 card sets per month (using your two letter identifier along with a category lettering).
How Do I Trade?
There are two ways to trade at TCG:
- With other TCG members
Please visit TCG member sites and find cards on their 'Want to Trade' pages. If you find cards you like, email the member with your request. They will respond with your card and their own request from your 'Want to Trade' page. Send them the card they requested and delete it from your 'Want to Trade' page. Add the card they sent to your 'Won't Trade/Collecting' page and make a note of it in your 'Tradelog'. You can trade with other TCG members as often as you like.
- With TCG
Email Card Keeper Annica:
- Standard Cards: Every month members can trade up to 60 cards with TCG (in 2 x 30 cards to not overwhelm Annica please!). To trade, select 30 cards from your 'Wanna Trade' page, zip them and send them to Annica. Delete these cards from your 'Wanna Trade' page. She will send you back 30 random cards that you can add to your pages. Make a note of your TCG trade in your 'Tradelog'.
- Wishcards: Alternatively, you can trade five standard cards for one wishcard. You can trade 1 wishcard for a standard card of your choice.
How Do I Get Cards to Trade?
You will receive the following cards from the Card Keeper or Admins:
- New member starter kit: 30 cards
- For each new standard card set: 15 cards
- For collaborating in a team card set: 5 cards